In order to further the international education of its student body, the University has available Summer Study Abroad Scholarships. The qualifications for these scholarships are the following:
1. A student must be of junior or senior standing in his or her major field.
2. The student must return to Louisiana Tech for at least one quarter after the summer study abroad to complete his or her degree. If the student fails to return to Louisiana Tech, he/she must repay the University.
3. A student must have a 3.0 GPA overall and a 3.5 GPA in his/her major field.
4. The international course of study must be clearly related to the student's major field of study. The student must enroll in and earn a minimum of four semester hours of academic credit as part of the study program.
5. The student must make arrangements for the study abroad program through the following:
Any Louisiana Tech Sponsored Program, for more
information visit the Louisiana Tech Study Abroad site.
The Council on International Educational Exchange
The Institute of International Education (http://www.iie.org/) or
a program sponsored by an accredited university.
CIEE and IIE websites have search engines to assist
students in finding a suitable university for study.
Information about both of these organizations as well as links to their
search engines is given on the Louisiana Tech Study Abroad web site.
6. The student must submit the completed application form, a current transcript, and two letters of recommendation (one from the adviser and one from a teacher familiar with the student's work in the major field).
Students receiving other Study Abroad scholarships sponsored by the University are not eligible for this scholarship.
For your application in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) form:
Undergraduate Study Abroad Scholarship Form