Policy 1406 - Separation by Retirement or Resignation
Revision Date: 6/10/2014
Responsible Office: Department of Human Resources
Faculty and staff who are contemplating retirement or resignation should consult appropriate persons in the University Office of Human Resources with full expectation that such conversations will be confidential. If a final decision has been made to retire or resign, the following notification procedure should be followed:
- A letter stating the intent to retire or resign should be submitted by the employee to the Unit Head who will endorse the letter and immediately deliver it to the Dean or comparable Division Head.
- The Dean or Division Head will, after endorsing the letter, immediately forward copies to the appropriate Vice President and the President and send the original letter to the Director of Human Resources.
Once a final decision has been made to retire or resign, the following documentation must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources:
Unclassified Faculty/Staff must submit the following documentation:
- Completed Employee Exit/Termination Form with signatures
- Completed Final Attendance and Leave Report with signatures
Classified Staff must submit the following documentation:
- Completed Classified Employee Exit/Termination Form with signatures
- Completed Exit Interview Form (LA State Civil Service Form SF-14)
- Completed Final Attendance Report with signatures
Any final leave payments will not be processed until all appropriate paperwork has been received in the Office of Human Resources.