A Louisiana Tech University education will change your life!
"At Tech you'll belong. Tech is family."
That is how one graduate described the Louisiana Tech University experience. With a reputation for offering a private-college atmosphere at a public university, this selective-admissions university is dedicated to challenging its students through the efforts of caring faculty members who are passionate about teaching, advising and research.
Come join the Tech family of more than 80,000 graduates.
High School Freshman and Sophomores
- Make sure you take classes that will prepare you for college. Visit with your guidance counselor to keep you on track.
- Make the best grades you can to earn high GPA. This will help you get scholarships.
- Begin taking the ACT/SAT to get a better feel for the exam.
- Visit Louisiana Tech during the summer to learn what we have to offer.
- Take ACT/SAT. Prepare to do your best.
- Make an appointment to visit Louisiana Tech. Talk with an admissions recruiter and a professor in your area of interest. Go on a guided tour of campus with a student tour guide.
- Apply for admission before January to be considered for scholarships.
- Apply for financial aid before April even if you do not plan to take out any loans. You may be eligible for additional scholarships, TOPS (Tuition Opportunity Program for Students), or grants. To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- In April, register for summer orientation. This is where you become more familiar with being a student on campus and also register for your Fall classes.