If you have earned fewer than 18 non-remedial semester hours of college-level credit and wish to transfer to Louisiana Tech University, you must meet the requirements listed below and meet the same requirements as an entering freshman. If you have completed at least 18 semester hours of credit you should:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 (on a 4.0 scale) on all transfer work. (Tech will compute your GPA based on all courses attempted, including repeated courses, courses with incomplete grades, and those with any other grades of "W," and "No Credit.")
- Submit an official transcript from each college/university attended, whether credit was earned or transferable. Only transcripts in sealed envelopes from the issuing institution will be accepted. Transcripts should be mailed directly from the college/university to Tech.
- Be eligible to re-enter the institution from which your are transferring.
- Have no need for remedial courses.
- Health Form
- Housing Application - See Residential Life (mailed seperately to Housing department) Not required if 100% of your classes are online.
Additional information about transferring is available in the current Louisiana Tech catalog.
Enrollment Deadlines for the 2013-2014 Academic Year
Fall Enrollment 2013:
April 1 FAFSA and Financial Aid application priority deadline
June 15 Scholarship application due for priority consideration * transfer scholarship application form* (please see attached application/criteria)
June 25 Transfer Orientation Session #1
July 16 Transfer Orientation Session #2
August 1 Application for Admission Due for priority consideration
September 3 General Registration and Tuition/Fee payment
September 4 Fall quarter 2013 begins
Winter Enrollment 2013:
November 1 Application for Admission due for priority consideration
November 1 Scholarship application due for priority consideration
December 3 General Registration for new incoming students
December 4 Winter quarter 2013 begins
Spring Enrollment 2014:
February 1 Application for Admission due for priority consideration
February 1 Scholarship application due for priority consideration
March 11 General Registration for new incoming students
March 12 Spring quarter 2014 begins