Welcome to Continuing Education and Distance Learning (CEDL)
Effective July 1, 2016, we are suspending operation of the Continuing Education Office. No applications for future classes/courses will be accepted.
Please direct any questions or requests for information to the Office of Academic Affairs.
Office of Academic Affairs
Louisiana Tech University
Advance your career through training - Stay up to date with skills you need - Learn at your own pace - Learn using a medium that you choose - Unleash all your abilities - Employers train your existing employees - Make choices now.
We proudly offer one of the most comprehensive collections of online continuing education courses found anywhere. Click the "Online Courses" link in the left navigation to visit our many online partners. CEDL fosters relationships with government, chambers, economic development, and industry to benefit our employers and training customers. We assist you in locating funding through private, local, state and federal grant resources when available. Our focus is on economic and workforce development. We assess needs, create training, and provide certifications for job seekers, employers, employees, and our University’s students, faculty, and staff. We will provide quality training in leisure, personal, workforce and professional training to meet your training needs.
Ask about our 10% discount for Louisiana Tech Students, Alumni, and Military.
For training information please call (318) 257-4433 or email CE@LaTech.Edu
Check out the training that is available in Shreveport or call (318) 257-4433
The Barksdale Program has many opportunities for academic excellence.
Visit our Center for course offerings, to find options to train, or meet.
- Louisiana Tech CEDL is recognized by Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP.
- We offer 30 PDC's for our SHRM Learning System course and 15 PDC's for our SHRM Essentials course.
- We offer PDC's for courses provided by us that are directly related to the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK).
- Current CP and SCP eligibility requirements
- Pathway good through 12/31/15
- Application and Exam Dates
- Exam Fees