Louisiana Tech University understands the critical need for ongoing employee development in today's global marketplace. Our professional and workforce development team offers you a full range of programs and services.
Our team works with business and industry to design training solutions using the ADDIE model, the most basic training tool used by professional trainers and educators. The ADDIE model is basically a generic, systematic, method used by instructional designers, developers, and trainers that can be applied to any kind of learning solution, no matter what industry.
In the Division of Continuing Education, we implement the ADDIE model because of its emphasis on analysis, the key component in a successful training program. Before developing a learning solution, we work with you to analyze your organization's needs thoroughly to ensure that the training impacts performance in a positive way.
ADDIE consists of five steps - Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate.
- Analyze - identifies areas in the organization that require training as collaboration between the industry and our development team.
- Design - involves the design of the learning solution to address the needs determined during the analysis step. It will address the training methodology and courseware content.
- Develop - concerns the actual production of the design specifications, including creating or obtaining any media specified in the design of the courseware.
- Implement - delivers the developed training courses to the intended employees.
- Evaluate - summatively evaluates, whether the course is effective and meets the course objectives. Formative evaluation occurs throughout the ADDIE process.
If your organization would like to receive a valuable industry and occupational profile, including recommended job skills for those occupations, please contact a member of our team at (318) 257-4433. We can show you how to supplement your in-house training with customized training. We will also help you determine if you are eligible for state grants to supplement your training.