NOTE: The creators of these videos use different formatting in their Moodle sites, but the location of features and resources within Moodle are generally the same.
Please select the video by selecting the item title for each Moodle feature listed below.
- Uploading files – This Moodle video shows how to upload files and edit file settings in a Moodle course.
- File picker – This Moodle video gives an overview of the “file picker” that you will see when uploading a file in Moodle.
- Drag and dropping files into Moodle – This Moodle video shows how to “drag and drop” files directly into a Moodle course page.
Activities in Moodle
- Creating a quiz – This Moodle video gives an overview of how to create and use the features of a quiz.
- Adding an assignment – This Moodle video describes how to create an assignment.
- Creating a forum – This Moodle video describes how to create a forum. [NOTE: This video will only address how to create a standard forum, although many of settings are the same for an Advanced Forum. An Advanced Forum will include a grade column in the gradebook while a standard forum does not.]
- Taking attendance – This video by SOUeLearning (CIS) at Southern Oregon University describes how to create and manage attendance within Moodle.
Main Course Page
- Editing course sections – This Moodle video will discuss how to edit the course sections in your courses.
- Blocks – This Moodle video will give an overview of how to use/edit the blocks displayed throughout the Moodle site.
- Administration block – This Moodle video gives an overview of the Administration block on your course page.
- Navigation block – This Moodle gives an overview of the Navigation block displayed throughout Moodle.
- Blocks for events – This Moodle video gives an overview of different event blocks, such as the blocks upcoming events and the calendar.
- Blocks for contact – This Moodle video discusses the different blocks useful for instructor/student contact in a course. [NOTE: The “Online users” block must be added—it is not a default setting within Moodle.]
- HTML blocks – This Moodle video describes how to use HTML blocks. HTML blocks can embed images, videos, and other active content.
- Other useful blocks – This Moodle gives an overview of other possibly useful blocks within Moodle.
- Gradebook – This Moodle video gives an overview of the gradebook.
- Assignment grading in Moodle – This Moodle video describes the new ways in which an instructor can grade and add comments to an assignment submitted by a student within Moodle. [This is not part of Turnitin.]
Other Useful Features
- Creating a group – This video by Synergy Learning demonstrates how to create a group in Moodle.
- Using groups – This video by Synergy Learning demonstrates how to use groups in Moodle.
Moodle provides an overview of the features used by instructors on their website. [NOTE: Some of these resources may be more advanced for some users because Moodle provides an explanation of ALL of the features within particular features of Moodle.]
- Teacher Quick Guide – Moodle has created a guide to Moodle for new users that provide a general overview of courses and helpful links to common features within a Moodle course.
- Managing a Moodle course – From here, you can access information on how to manage your Moodle course
- Activities in Moodle – From here, you can access information on different activities that are used in Moodle.
- Assignment settings in Moodle – This guide provides a comprehensive look at activity settings within Moodle.
- Quiz Quick Guide for Moodle – Moodle has provided a "quick guide" for creating and managing quizzes in Moodle.
- Grades features in Moodle – From here, you can access information on different grade features in Moodle.
- Gradebook in Moodle – (This guide is currently offline. Please excuse any inconvenience. To request access to this guide, please contact the CIT with the contact information provided at the bottom.)This guide provides information on some of the more commonly used features in Moodle Gradebook.
- Managing attendance in Moodle – Attendance can be taken and automatically graded within Moodle.
- Managing forums in Moodle – Forums in Moodle can provide a space for teacher and student discussions and have been found especially useful for online courses.
- Managing groups in Moodle – Instructors can create groups of students within Moodle.
- Managing blocks in Moodle – Blocks appear on either side of the page in blue.
Other print resources can be found in our Manuals and Quick Guides on our website.
If you still need help or do not understand how to use these features in Moodle, please contact the CIT at 2912 or email at email@example.com.