**Please note that the creators of these videos use different formatting in their Moodle sites, but the location of features/resources within Moodle are generally the same.
- Uploading Files – This Moodle video shows how to upload files and edit file settings in a Moodle course.
- File Picker – This Moodle video gives an overview of the “file picker” that you will see when uploading a file in Moodle.
- Drag and Dropping Files into Moodle – This Moodle video shows how to “drag and drop” files directly into a Moodle course page.
Activities in Moodle
- Creating a Quiz – This Moodle video gives an overview of how to create and use the features of a quiz.
- Adding an assignment – This Moodle video describes how to create an assignment.
- Creating a forum – This Moodle video describes how to create a forum. [NOTE: This video will only address how to create a standard forum, although many of settings are the same for an Advanced Forum. An Advanced Forum will include a grade column in the gradebook while a standard forum does not.]
- Attendance – This video by Bill Bateman at Humboldt State University discusses how to use the attendance feature in Moodle.
Main Course Page
- Editing Course Sections – This Moodle video will discuss how to edit the course sections in your courses.
- Blocks – This Moodle video will give an overview of how to use/edit the blocks displayed throughout the Moodle site.
- Administration block – This Moodle video gives an overview of the Administration block on your course page.
- Navigation block – This Moodle gives an overview of the Navigation block displayed throughout Moodle.
- Blocks for events – This Moodle video gives an overview of different event blocks, such as the blocks upcoming events and the calendar.
- Blocks for contact – This Moodle video discusses the different blocks useful for instructor/student contact in a course. [NOTE: The “Online users” block must be added—it is not a default setting within Moodle.]
- HTML blocks – This Moodle video describes how to use HTML blocks. HTML blocks can embed images, videos, and other active content.
- Other useful blocks – This Moodle gives an overview of other possibly useful blocks within Moodle.
- Gradebook – This Moodle video gives an overview of the gradebook.
Other Useful Features
- Creating a group – This video by Synergy Learning demonstrates how to create a group in Moodle.
- Using groups – This video by Synergy Learning demonstrates how to use groups in Moodle.
Moodle provides an overview of the features used by instructors on their website. [NOTE: Some of these resources may be more advanced for some users because Moodle provides an explanation of ALL of the features within particular features of Moodle.]
- Teacher Quick Guide – Moodle has created a guide to Moodle for new users that provide a general overview of courses and helpful links to common features within a Moodle course.
- Managing a Moodle course
- Activities in Moodle
- Assignment Settings
- Quiz Quick Guide
Other print resources can be found in our Manuals and Quick Guides on our website.
If you still need help or do not understand how to use these features in Moodle, please contact the CIT at 2912 or email email@example.com.