- Review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Review the Plans of Study. Familiarize yourself with the admission requirements listed at the top of the plan.
- Register and attend one of the information seminars show below led by Ms. Melanie Gleason at the Louisiana Tech University campus in Ruston, LA. To register, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 4 pm, Woodard Hall Rm. 130
Thursday, July 25, 2013, 4 pm, Woodard Hall Rm. 215
Please note that seminars will start promptly at 4:00 pm and last approximately one hour. If you are unable to arrive on time, please schedule another date to attend.
- Provide (1) transcripts, copies accepted, from all schools attended, and (2) test scores after attending the seminar and/or reviewing Frequently Asked Questions and Plans of Study. The purpose is to determine if you qualify for admission to an alternative teaching program. Send via fax: 318-257-3950 or email: email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, contact information, and your selected program (MAT or Non-Degree) and content area (Elementary, Secondary English, etc.). Transcripts are evaluated weekly, and you will be notified if you qualify for admission via email.
- Submit paperwork – resume, teaching philosophy, letters of recommendation, plan of study (complete top section on page one; sign and date on page two), and Professional Conduct Form – to Ms. Gleason after pre-determination for program admission has been verified. Please note that an official GRE score report or official transcript with GRE scores must also be submitted directly to the Graduate School. See Important Documents for forms and/or guidelines.
- Apply Now! For M.A.T. select Graduate. Application fee is currently $40. For Non-Degree select Post-Baccalaureate. Application fee is currently $20. Effective Fall 2011, applications to the alternative certification programs (Non-Degree and MAT) will be processed for Fall and Spring sessions only. For Fall admission, applications must be submitted by August 1. For Spring admission, applications must be submitted by February 1.
- Once you receive your admission letter from either Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate School, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an advising appointment with Ms. Gleason.