Carrice L. Cummins, Ph.D.
Gerald and Shirley Cobb Endowed Professor in Education
Office: (318) 257-2676
Fax: (318) 257-2379
Woodard Hall 200C
P.O. Box 3163
Ruston, LA 71272
- Literacy/ Reading Education
- 1998: Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction (Reading/Elementary Education), Louisiana State University; Baton Rouge, LA
- 1988: Ed.S. Reading/Elementary Education, University of Louisiana at Monroe (formerly Northeast Louisiana University); Monroe, LA
- 1980: M.S. Reading/Elementary Education, University of Southern Mississippi; Hattiesburg, MS
- 1971: B.S. Elementary Education, University of Southern Mississippi; Hattiesburg, MS
- 2003 - Present: Associate Professor, Curriculum, Instruction, and Leadership, Louisiana Tech University; Ruston, LA
- 2002 - 2003: Adjunct Professor, Louisiana Tech University; Ruston, LA
- 1997 - 2002: Adjunct Professor, University of Louisiana at Monroe; Monroe, LA
- 1990 - 2003: Curriculum Supervisor, Richland Parish School Board; Rayville, LA
- 1985 - 1990: Teacher, Richland Parish School Board; Rayville, LA
- LA Tech College of Education 2008 University Senate Chair nominee
- LA Tech College of Education 2007 Service Award
- LA Tech College of Education 2007 Virgil Orr Junior Faculty Award nominee
- LA Tech College of Education 2007 Gerald & Shirley Cobb Endowed Professorship
- Delta Kappa Gamma 2007 Educator of the Year nominee
- International Reading Association January 2006 Featured Book Club Author
- Who’s Who in Education
- McGraw‐Hill Publishers, Inc. 2004 Recipient “Seeing the Learner in Every Child” award
- Kimbell-Lopez, K., Cummins, C. R.E.A.D. 70 Strategies to Support Student Reading Success. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley/Jossey-Bass.
- Kimbell-Lopez, K., Cummins, C. Just Say No! Start a Vocabulary Revolution!. To appear in Florida Reading Journal, 46.
- Cummins, C., Kimbell-Lopez, K. (2008). Strategic Teaching and the Louisiana Comprehensive Curriculum: Working Together to Improve Instruction.. To appear in READ: Reading Exploration and Discovery, 28(1), 23-31.
- Vessel, A., Kimbell-Lopez, K., Cummins, C., Hill, J. Teaching Technology to Digital Immigrants. To appear in Online Education and Adult Learning: New Frontiers for Teaching Practices