Tammy Schilling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Kinesiology
Office: (318) 257-4737
Fax: (318) 257-4432
Memorial Gym 309
P.O. Box 3163
Ruston, LA 71272
- 1999, Ph.D. Exercise and Sport Science, University of North Carolina at Greensboro; Greensboro, NC
- 1996, M.S. Physical Education, Texas Tech University; Lubbock, TX
- 1992, B.S. Kinesiology, Texas A&M University; College Station, TX
- 2001 - 2007, Assistant Professor, Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of North Carolina at Greensboro; Greensboro, NC
- 2000 - 2001, Assistant Professor, Department of Human Movement Sciences and Education, University of Memphis; Memphis, TN
- Schilling, T. (2009). Meaning and the professoriate. In L. Housner, M. Metzler, P. Schempp, & T. Templin (Eds.), Proceedings of the 2007 History & Future Directions of Research on Teaching and Teacher Education in Physical Education Conference (pp. 271-277). Morgantown, WV: Fitness Information Technology.
- Schilling, T., Martinek, T., & Tan, C. (2002). Fostering youth development through empowerment. In B. Lombardo, K. Castagno, T. Caravella-Nadeau, & V. Mancini (Eds.), Sport in the 21st century: Alternatives for the new millennium (pp. 169-179). Boston, MA: Pearson Custom Publishing.
- Schilling, T. (2008). Resilience processes in context: The case of Tasha. The Urban Review, 40, 296-316.
- Schilling, T., Martinek, T., & Carson, S. (2007). Youth leaders’ perceptions of commitment to a responsibility-based physical activity program. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 78, 48-60.