Undergraduate Internship Responsibilities
- Schedule an initial visit with the internship coordinator to discuss the proposed internship.
- Schedule an appointment to interview the facility site supervisor for an internship position.
- Obtain signature from Kinesiology internship coordinator to register for KINE 415.
- Make a formal application for an internship in the last month of the quarter prior to the internship.
- Students must register for KINE 415 for 3 or 6 hours as approved by advisor and internship coordinator. A total of 180 clock hours are required on the job for completion of a 6 hour internship. This course is available for one quarter and must be completed within the quarter in which the student is registered. Students may complete the internship over 2 successive quarters (3 hours credit/90 intern hours per quarter) with internship coordinator approval. The internship can be completed the quarter before or the quarter of graduation.
- Include current CPR certification and professional liability insurance.
- Complete and keep track of all hours.
- Dress neatly, professionally, and appropriately according to site supervisor’s instructions.
- Respect patient/client privacy by keeping all information confidential.
- Submit an initial report the first week of internship.
- Submit typed weekly reports signed by site supervisor.
- Submit site supervisor reports at 3 weeks and at the end of the internship.
- Submit student final report and portfolio.
- Attend exit interview as scheduled by Kinesiology Internship Coordinator.
- Have a functioning email address available on Blackboard for communications purposes. Check email and Blackboard daily for communication from Internship Coordinator.
Responsibility of the Facility
- Meet with student to interview for the internship.
- Write a letter to the Kinesiology Internship Coordinator stating acceptance of the student.
- Sign and return the Louisiana Tech University Department of Kinesiology Internship Agreement.
- Provide training and supervision for intern students while on the job.
- Review and sign weekly reports, complete site supervisor 3 week report and final report.
- Provide a safe and educational experience for intern students.