Jerome Tobacyk, Ph.D.
Office: (318) 257-4135
Fax: (318) 257-3442
Woodard Hall 114D
P.O. Box 3163
Ruston, LA 71272
- 1977: Ph.D. Personality Psychology, University of Florida; Gainesville, FL
- 1975: M.A. Psychology, University of Florida; Gainesville, FL
- 1970: B.A. Psychology, State University of New York at Oswego; Oswego, NY
- 1977 - Present: Professor of Psychology, College of Education, Louisiana Tech University; Ruston, LA
- 1998 - 2000: Interim Department Head, Department of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, College of Education, Louisiana Tech University; Ruston, LA
- 1996 - 1997: Fulbright Professor in Marketing and Management, Adam Mickiewicz University; Poznan, Poland
- 1985 - 1986: Fulbright Professor in Psychology, Catholic University of Lublin; Lublin, Poland
- Tobacyk, J., & Nagot, E. (1994). Cognitive dimensions used in the prediction of future events: assessment instrument and indications for cognitive functioning. In Z. Zaleski (Ed.), Psychology of future orientation. (pp. 195-206). Lublin, Poland: Scientific Society of the Catholic University of Lublin. (ISBN 83-85291-73-3).
- Tobacyk, J. (2009). Preliminary evidence suggesting a typological model of the out-of-body experience. In Murray, C. D. (Ed.), (pp. 58-61). Psychological Scientific perspectives on out-of body and near death experiences.
- Tobacyk, J. (July 9, 2011). The Rock Opera Tommy by The Who Illustrates the Psychodynamics of Conversion Hysteria. PSYART: A Hyperlink Journal for the Psychological Study of the Arts. December 15,2009.Available:http://www.psyartjournal.com/article/show /tobacyk-the_rock_opera_tommy_by_the_who_illustra. Received: April 15, 2011, Published: July 9, 2011.
- Beer, G., Livingston, M., & Tobacyk, J. (2011). Promoting college access in first generation college students through creating a college-going culture: A multipronged systemic aapproach in the spirit of appreciative advising. The Metnor: An academic advising journal.
- Utinans, A., Ancane, G., Tobacyk, J., Livingston, M. Tobacyk, J., Vetra, J., Villerusa, A. Studentu ticiba paranormalajam – RSU (Latvja) un Luizianas universitates (ASV) salidzinajums. Rigas Stradina Universitate, 2012, gada Zinatniskas Konference, tezes, 452 lpp.
- Tobacyk, J., & Babin, B. (2012). Consumer locus of control: Assessment instrument construction and validation. In Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Academy of Marketing Science. XXXII. ISBN: 0-939783-398. Robinson, Jr. L. (Ed.).