Human Services Program Admission
All applicants to all graduate programs in the College of Education must meet the minimum requirements for admission by the Louisiana Tech University Graduate School. Applications must be made through the Graduate School online at: http://www.latech.edu/admissions/apply.shtml.
Applicants to the Master of Arts Counseling and Guidance (MACG) Program must hold a bachelor's degree in psychology from a regionally accredited institution, or hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum (9) hours of psychology courses and (3) hours of psychology statistics.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Requirements
For admission for Fall 2012 and thereafter, students must meet published minimum GPA requirements and the following GRE Revised General requirements:
- Unconditional: combined V and Q = 287 and neither Q nor V score may be less than 142.
- Conditional: combined V and Q = 283-286 and neither Q nor V score may be less than 141.
- GRE General Scores (old scale) will be converted to the GRE Revised General Scores.
Note: Official documentation of GRE scores must be provided at time of application. Only scores that are five (5) years old, or less, are acceptable.
MACG program applicants must also submit a completed application packet to the Counseling Program Graduate Coordinator by the specified due date, and which must include the following:
- Three (3) letters of reference from individuals familiar with academic ability and potential for success as a professional counselor;
- A current resume with applicant’s full name, phone numbers, address, e-mail address, degrees held, honors, awards, activities, academic experiences, and work experiences that relate to the program.
Admissions to the M.A. Counseling & Guidance Human Services program are open for each quarter.
Admission to the counseling program and each program concentration is selective and requires minimum admission requirements (GPA, GRE, letters, etc.). Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications in a timely manner. Please Note: Acceptance into the Graduate School does not constitute acceptance into the program.