The Vision of Louisiana Tech University
Louisiana Tech will become one of America's top public research universities with highly acclaimed and award-winning faculty who value and contribute to the rich learning environment.
- Providing an educational experience for all students that integrates the best in experiential learning from the classroom to the laboratory to the living environment to the community and beyond.
- Featuring extensive interdisciplinary courses and curricula that provide unique learning opportunities and prepare all graduates to succeed in the Flat World.
- Operating an Honors College that provides students from diverse backgrounds with a highly interactive personalized learning environment that is comparable to the best of the Ivy League schools.
- Implementing strong doctoral programs that support interdisciplinary and disciplinary research in all colleges focused in areas of research strength.
- Offering graduate programs that not only provide students with high quality educational and research experiences, but that also prepare graduates to serve their organizations and communities as leaders.
- Featuring a laboratory school expanded through 12 grades - a place where students are exposed to cutting-edge learning approaches, where teachers from schools in Lincoln Parish and beyond develop new skills, and where the curricula that shape Louisiana's future PK-12 education programs are developed and piloted.
- Incorporating a Research Park that provides opportunities for faculty, students, graduates, and others to work with high-growth and high-wage technology businesses, and that serves as a magnet for the recruitment and retention of bright citizens for North Louisiana.
- Distinguishing its storied athletics program that is writing new chapters of success as an athletic champion that competes with integrity.
- Connecting seamlessly to information, resources, decision-making tools, people, communities…anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Managing well-established service learning programs across all colleges that allow students to work together and use their newfound knowledge and skills in ways that create a better world for all humanity.
- Launching more pioneering majors (such as nanosystems engineering) that prepare undergraduate and graduate students to enter a global job market.
- Teaching and living the sustainable practices that will ensure future generations won’t be burdened by toxic waste, reduced energy supplies, or lack of water.
- Connecting the campus to downtown Ruston via a green space with reflecting pond that is anchored by Green villages and a park system with a universal wireless connection in Ruston’s historic cyber downtown.
For more information on Louisiana Tech's mission and vision for the future, please visit the Tech 2020 website at http://2020.latech.edu.