• Apply Now!

FAFSA Online

School Code:  002008


Frequently Asked Questions



Financial Aid Glossary


Other Assistance

Some students may receive other assistance from outside sources. Financial Aid is required to use any "other assistance" that you are to receive as a resource when determining your aid package. You should report to Financial Aid any type of assistance which you may receive that isn't showing on your award letter, as soon as you become aware of it. If any assistance which you haven't reported comes to the attention of the Financial Aid office after you have been awarded aid and have possibly received disbursements, your aid package has to be re-calculated to make sure that you have not been awarded over your cost of attendance and you could owe funds back to the University to prevent an over award in federal aid.

  • Americorps Education Award
    The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is available to members who are enrolled in the National Service Trust and have successfully completed a term of service.
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs(BIA)
    If you wish to apply for a grant through the Bureau of Indian Affairs(BIA), your tribe should be contacted for the application and need analysis forms.
  • Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
    Provides assistance to parents to help pay for the child care they need to work or attend school or training.
  • District of Columbia Tuition Assistance Grant Program (DCTAG)
    Provides grants for undergraduate District students to attend eligible public universities and colleges nationwide at in-state tuition rates and provides smaller grants for students to attend private institutions in the D.C. metropolitan area and private historically Black colleges and universities (HBCU’s) nationwide.
  • Food Stamp Program
    Provides monthly benefits that help low income households buy the food they need for good health.
  • Louisiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services (LRS)
    Louisiana Rehabilitation Services assists persons with disabilities in their desire to obtain or maintain employment and/or achieve independence in their communities by providing rehabilitation services and working cooperatively with business and other community resources.
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
    Provides assistance and work opportunities to needy families by granting states the federal funds and wide flexibility to develop and implement their own welfare programs.
  • Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
    Provides funding to dislocated workers for training that leads to demand occupations in the state.