• Apply Now!

FAFSA Online

School Code:  002008


Frequently Asked Questions



Financial Aid Glossary


Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy:
Appeals for Cumulative GPA and/or
PACE Deficiencies

Cumulative GPA Requirements:  Continuing and transfer undergraduate students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00+. Graduate students must maintain a cumulative graduate course GPA of 3.00+.

PACE Requirements:  All students must successfully complete a minimum PACE of 67% of the courses in which they enroll.

Suggesting that the Financial Aid Office contact doctors, professors, or other persons for additional information is not considered adequate documentation. Appeals for exceptions to the policy must be submitted in writing using the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form. Appeals must be received no later than the deadline for the specific quarter that you are requesting eligibility. We recommend that you submit an appeal as soon as possible after the deficiency occurs so that the appeal can be evaluated before classes begin. A student may only appeal for a total of three times during an academic career at Louisiana Tech University. Appeal Deadlines are as follows:


Appeal Deadlines
Fall Quarter Sep 3, 2014
Winter Quarter Dec 2, 2014
Spring Quarter Mar 10, 2015
Summer Quarter Jun 2, 2015


Please include the following in an appeal for cumulative GPA and/or percent completion appeals (an incomplete appeal will be returned without action):

  • An appeal form (Read and follow the guidance on the form)
  • A signed letter from the student which includes:
    • A description of events or circumstances that directly contributed to inadequate academic performance. If an event occurred, specific dates must be provided. If illness or injury occurred, specify start date and ending date.
    • Documentation to support events or circumstances.
    • A description of actions taken by student to prevent a repeat occurrence of the events leading to the ineligible status.
  • An unofficial copy of the most recent academic transcript available at the Registrar’s Office. A B.O.S.S. transcript is not acceptable. Please do not ask the Registrar's Office to hand deliver a transcript to the Financial Aid Office.