To borrow materials from Prescott Memorial Library, patrons other than enrolled students and employees of Louisiana Tech University must present a valid Courtesy Card and submit proof of identification.
Courtesy Cards are available free of charge to students and faculty from other institutions with a LALINC card from their home institution.
Courtesy Cards are also available to current Tech Alumni Foundation members, retired Tech faculty, and ICP/GSU students.
Patrons not in one of these categories can obtain a Courtesy Card for $25.00 per year.
Applications for Courtesy Cards are processed during regular weekday hours from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. If an application is filled out on an evening or weekend, the card may be picked up during the next business day.
- ID Required - valid Courtesy Card and other ID
- Checkout Period - 21 days
- Only items from the local collection can be checked out.
- Maximum Number - 10 items
- Maximum Renewals - 2 times (unless it is overdue or a hold is placed on it)
Holds & Recalls
- A Courtesy Card holder may neither place a hold on material which has been borrowed by someone else, nor request its recall. Material borrowed by a Courtesy Card holder, however, is subject to recall.
- Regular Circulating Items - 25¢ per day per item
- Recall Items - 50¢ per day per item
- Maximum Amount - $90.00 (after 30 days, it is considered a lost item)
- One overdue item will block privileges.
- Lost Items - If item is overdue 30 days, a $90.00 replacement fee is charged to the patron.
- Found Items - When a lost item is returned, the fine is changed back to $20.00 overdue fee.
Replacement Costs for Lost Items:
- Book - $90.00
- Compact Disc (part of book or separate cataloged item) - $90.00
- Video - $90.00