Tours for Visitors
Supervised classes of high school juniors and seniors undertaking research projects and community clubs or groups visiting the Louisiana Tech campus may request an orientation to the facilities and resources of Prescott Memorial Library in accordance with library policy below. Please read the following information carefully and call if you have any questions or concerns.
Schedule a tour by contacting Boris Teske (318) 257-2992 at least two weeks in advance of the requested date. The library reserves the right to decline requests due to scheduling conflicts.
Bibliographic instruction in use of the library's resources is available for high school juniors or seniors only. Students engaged in research projects will be given brief instruction in the use of reference and research materials and may have the opportunity to work independently in the library. Classes should be limited to 30 students. Adult chaperones should accompany and remain with those students for the duration of the library visit.Teachers are asked to provide:
- Arrival and departure time
- Number of students and supervising adults
- Topics and/or types of information needed by students
- Abide by library policies while in the building
- Use library computers for research only...games, chat sessions, and other recreational uses are not permitted. Please note that the library does NOT use Internet filters on its computers.
- Bring money (10¢ a page) for photocopying from journals or books
- Make use of resources during the visit because materials cannot be checked out or accessed from their home computers
Financial responsiblity is borne by the visiting school for any damage or theft of the library resources caused by its students.
Group meeting rooms must be requested in advance of the visit. Class meetings cannot be held except in previously arranged meeting rooms.