About Special Collections
Since 1945, Special Collections, Manuscripts & Archives (SCMA) has been dedicated to the collection, preservation, and provision of access to materials which document the history of the University, Ruston, Lincoln Parish, and North Louisiana. SCMA is also a repository of rare books and periodicals related to the literature, history, and culture of Louisiana and the South. We preserve and house over 500 manuscript collections consisting of personal and family papers, business and church records, diaries, maps, oral history tapes, photographs, paintings and sketches, and other similar materials.
The manuscripts are not cataloged in the library's Online Public Access Catalog. The only way to search them is through the Site Search box, a Google search engine, limiting results to Louisiana Tech's Web site. Use it to search manuscript collections by name. Some of our major collections are:
- Camp Ruston
- Edgar Lancaster Collection
- Frellsen Fletcher Smith Collection
- F. Jay Taylor Collection
- University Archives
- State Forestry Archives
- The American Foreign Policy Center holdings
- William King Stubbs Architectural Archive
- Albino Hinojosa Artwork Collection
- Early American Imprints, Series 1, and Series 2
- Evander McNair Graham Family Papers, 1812-1965
- Israel Shreve Letters, 1771-1804
- Sparta Groundwater Commission Papers
- The Panula U.N. Stamp Collection
We will be updating this site over the coming months as we upload the finding aids. Eventually, all of the manuscript finding aids be published online in a word searchable database. This will be advantageous to anyone wanting to do research in the collections.
Louisiana Tech Museum
The Louisiana Tech Museum is also housed on the fourth floor.
The University Archives contains the records, printed publications, photographs, theses and dissertations of:
- Louisiana Industrial Institute (1894-1921)
- Louisiana Polytechnic Institute (1921-1970)
- Louisiana Tech University (1970-Present)
To request information on our collections, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.