These services provide current University faculty, staff, and students the opportunity to obtain needed research materials such as books, journal articles, and other resource materials which are not available in the library collection. Before submitting a request to any of the services listed below, carefully check our existing resources on the Library Website using the "Search For" tabs on the homepage.
Scroll down this page to read about the following three options for obtaining items. After you read the "brief synopsis," use the blue link to register for the service. If you need more information, please stop by the Reference Desk on the main floor of the Library or call the ILL Department at 257-3555.
- Information: You can request materials owned by other libraries and have them delivered to the library for pick up or, when available, delivered electronically to your ILLiad account.
- What materials are available? Books, articles, documents, & dissertations if allowed by lending library. We do NOT request textbooks.
- Who can use this service? Current faculty, staff, grad students, & seniors are not limited in their use of this service. Juniors, sophomores, & freshmen have quarterly limitation amounts.
- How and when are items delivered? Normally, items are available within 1-3 weeks and can be retreived from the InterLibrary Services Desk or from a link in an email to your ILLiad account (if it is a digital document).
LaLINC Borrowing Card
- Information: This is a fee-based article delivery service from the ScienceDirect database of journals. The library pays a fee of $22 per article and it is delivered electronically through email.
- What materials are available? Articles
- Who can use this service? Only current faculty, staff and graduate students may use this service and it has monthly limitation amounts.
- How and when are items delivered? Normally, articles are delivered through email within a twenty-four (24) hour period.
- Information: You can request a courtesy card to use other state academic libraries. Forms are available from the link above or the Library's Circulation Desk. After completing the form, you must return it to the Circulation Desk for processing.
- What materials are available? Books
- Who can use this service? Current faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students can get a card, but it is only valid if allowed by the specific university you are visiting.
- How are items delivered? Not delivered. You must pick up and return items to the owning library.