Reference Librarians can assist you with:
Reference services are available in the following ways:
- Locating journal articles
- Selecting databases and indexes for your research
- Refining research topics
- Answering specific informational questions
- Searching the Library Catalog
- Identifying library subject specialists when needed
- Ask a Librarian (Email)
This service is best used for getting answers to brief, factual questions or questions about which resources are best to use. Allow at least two normal business days for a response.
- Reference Desk (Main Floor)
The Reference area has an information desk staffed by librarians. Computer workstations are available to patrons to access the Library catalog, article databases, and other Internet based resources.
- Telephone Reference
Librarians at the Reference Desk are there to answer questions regarding library resources. The number to call is: 318-257-2231.
- Periodical Help Desk, 3rd Floor
The Periodicals Help Desk is staffed by students who help individuals use the microfilm machines and assist in locating periodicals from the stacks.
Subject librarians provide research consultations by appointment for University students, faculty and staff. Click here to view the list of subject specialists.
Librarians provide instruction on library information resources for La Tech students, faculty, and staff in the following ways:
- A University instructor can request a bibliographic session for a course by using this form. Class sessions are conducted in the Library Electronic Classroom located in the Library basement (1st floor).
- Any faculty or staff member can request a one-to-one bibliographic session to learn more about accessing Library resources from the appropriate subject librarian.