Research Services Librarians can assist you with:
Research services are available in the following ways:
- Locating journal articles
- Selecting databases and indexes for your research
- Refining research topics
- Answering specific informational questions
- Searching the Library Catalog
- Identifying college liaison librarians who are subject specialists
- Ask a Librarian (Email)
This service is best used for getting answers to brief, factual questions or questions about which resources are best to use. Allow at least two normal business days for a response.
- Reference Desk (Main Floor)
The Reference area has an information desk staffed by librarians. Computer workstations are available to patrons to access the Library catalog, article databases, and other Internet based resources.
- Telephone Reference
Librarians at the Reference Desk are there to answer questions regarding library resources. The number to call is: 318-257-2231.
- Periodical Help Desk, 3rd Floor
The Periodicals Help Desk is staffed by students who help individuals use the microfilm machines and assist in locating periodicals from the stacks.
College liaison librarians provide research consultations to University students, faculty and staff by appointment. Click here to view the list of college liaison librarians.
Librarians provide instruction on library information resources for La Tech students, faculty, and staff in the following ways:
- A University instructor can request a bibliographic session for a course by using this form. Class sessions are conducted in the Library Electronic Classroom located in the Library basement (1st floor).
- Any faculty or staff member can request a one-to-one bibliographic session to learn more about accessing Library resources from the appropriate college liaison librarian.