Submit a Dissertation or Thesis
After reading the University Guidelines for the Preparation and Submission of Your Thesis or Dissertation, use the information below to submit your documents for binding:
- Bring five (5) copies of your thesis/dissertation to the Library in individual manila envelopes labeled with your name on the outside.
- At the Library you will be informed of the cost of binding the thesis or dissertation and given a Louisiana Tech Departmental Deposit Ticket.
- Then, you will go to the Comptroller Payment Window (bottom floor in Keeny Hall) to deposit your payment according to the following scale:
- Thesis: $62.00 or $75.00 if pockets desired
- Dissertation: $126.00 or $139.00 if pockets desired
- Binding Charges for Each Additional Copy:
Thesis: $13.25 or $16.00 w/pockets
Dissertation: $17.00 or $19.75 w/pockets
- Mailing Charges for Each Additional Copy:
If mailed out of the U.S., $24.00 postage fee
If mailed within the U.S., $9.50 postage fee
Additional Dissertation Information
All dissertations must be accompanied by a ProQuest Agreement Form entitled UMI Dissertation Publishing Paper Submission Agreement. When you click on the blue link below, a login screen will appear. Use the following information to login: Username=dissertations, Password=publish.
Click here to login, then select the appropriate link under "Agreement Forms."
Please Note: You must completely fill out pages 4 and 5 and sign page 4. A copy of the dissertation title page and abstract must accompany this form.
If you are submitting a dissertation to be copyrighted, you must sign an additional form (page 6) and pay an extra charge (determined by UMI). When you submit it, you will be asked to make out a check payable to "Proquest LLC." This check is given to the Library employee receiving the dissertation and placed with the ProQuest Form when it is forwarded to cataloging.