Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3009, Ruston, LA 71272
Phone: Disability Services (318) 257-4221 / Testing Service (318) 257-4882
Fax: (318) 257-2969
Campus Mail: # 54
Disability Services E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing Services E-mail Address: email@example.com
Hours: M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM / Summer: M-Th 7:30AM - 5:00PM & Friday 7:30AM - 12:30PM
In support of the mission of Louisiana Tech University, the Department of Testing and Disability Services (TDS) serves a resource for the university community and acts as a liaison between students and faculty, as well as, national and community agencies.
Disability Services functions to provide information, reasonable accommodations, and other assistance to students, faculty, and applicants of Louisiana Tech University. In the effort to promote independence and self-advocacy, services are available to students with qualifying documented learning, physical, and /or physiological disabilities.
Testing services follows national testing center requirements to provide test opportunities through contracted agencies for Louisiana Tech University and the local community. As a department within the division of Student Affairs, Testing & Disability Services seeks a collaborative and cooperative relationship with the university community to enhance the education of Louisiana Tech students.
Register for Disability Services:
- Medical documentation supporting the student's request(s) must be signed on office letterhead by a case-appropriate medical professional
- Must contain an official diagnosis. "Signs of", "Characteristics of", or "Symptoms of" may not be accepted as a sufficient diagnosis.
- Documentation must be less than 3 years old
- 504 Plans, IEP's, etc. are considered supplemental documentation
- The Disability Committee meets weekly to assign accommodations
- Student will be informed about the approved accommodation(s)
Current TDS registered students account login:
- Login to the system to request accommodations for each quarter
- Schedule exams to be taken in the testing center
*If you have trouble logging in, send an email, including your name and student ID number, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disabled Student Voter Registration:
Please make an appointment with TDS staff if you are a disabled student and would like to register to vote. More information can be found in the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) Declaration Form.
Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Title IX Coordinator: Carrie Flournoy
Executive Assistant, Title IX & Compliance Coordinator
President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620
Phone: (318) 257-3785
Section 504 Coordinator: Annie Jantz
Division of Student Affairs
Keeny Hall 305
Phone: (318) 257-2445