Louisiana Tech University Opera Workshop
“Op Shop” at Louisiana Tech provides students with a chance to perform in a fully staged production. Students present a program of scenes from opera and musical theater. The ensemble is designed to develop skill in music, drama, and movement through rehearsal and performance.
Auditions (Opera Workshop)
Auditions are held in the Fall Quarter and are open to all students and community members. One hour of course credit is available (MUEN 234, MUEN 434).
- Be prepared to sing one aria or musical theater selection.
- An accompanist is provided.
Opera Workshop 2013:
Friday-Saturday, December 13-14, 2013
Howard Center, Recital Hall
Musical Theater Production
In the Spring Quarter of every other year the Louisiana Tech School of the Performing Arts presents a musical. This collaborative event provides students with the opportunity to participate in the rehearsal and performance of a large stage production. The purpose of this group effort is to teach students the specific skills involved in every aspect of a stage production.
Auditions are held in the Winter Quarter and are open to all students and community members. One hour of course credit is available (MUEN 261, MUEN 461).
- Dance Auditions: Auditionees need to dress appropriately for movement, and will be taught a routine by the choreographer during the audition.
- Vocal Auditions: Auditionees will need to prepare any 16 bars of music comparable to the style of the musical being presented, and that best displays their vocal range, ability, and talent. All musical auditions are to be accompanied. Accompanist and CD player will be provided.
- Acting Auditions: Auditionees will need to prepare up to a 90 second monologue that best displays their acting abilities. Monologues will also be provided.
The next musical production is scheduled for Spring 2014. For more information, contact Dr. Lisa Maxedon.