Percussion majors at Louisiana Tech University graduate with all the concepts and skills needed for careers in music or advanced degrees. Areas covered include music theory, music history, musicianship, improvisation, orchestration, arranging, conducting, and pedagogy.
Percussionists at Louisiana Tech may choose to concentrate in music performance or music education. They also have the option to pursue a liberal arts major in music with a selected minor. Coming soon is an innovative and interdisciplinary multimedia minor that will provide hands-on training for students with a career interest in music technology. In the private studio, students work with percussion faculty member Gregory Lyons to develop comprehensive musicianship on orchestral percussion, solo and chamber percussion, drum set, and world percussion.
Guest artists appearing at Tech in recent years include:
- Percussion Group Cincinnati (pgcinfo.com)
- She-e Wu (Northwestern University)
- Leon Anderson (drumset, Florida State University)
- Stephen Hux (drumset, US Navy Pacific Fleet Band)
- to hit (tohitthings.com)
- Mantra Percussion (mantrapercussion.org)
- Blake Tyson (blaketyson.com)
- line upon line (lineuponlinepercussion.org)
- T. Adam Blackstock (tadamblackstock.com)
- Joshua Knight (knightpercussion.com)
- Elizabeth Vidos (past member, STOMP)
- Darin Olson (darinjolson.com)
- David Wolf (dmwpercussion.com)
- Nick Stange (uxpercussion.com)
- To be a percussion major, click click here.
- To be a non-major in the Drum Line or the Concert Bands, click click here.
- For more audition information, click click here.
Contact Dr. Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
May 12, 7:30PM, HOWARD AUDITORIUM
Louisiana Tech University Percussion Ensemble with guest artist Joshua Knight