Schedule a PRIVATE Show
There are two ways to schedule a Private Show at the Planetarium.
1. Call the IDEA Place at (318) 257-2866.
2. Make reservations online (http://www.latech.edu/planetarium/planetreserve.htm).
OPERATING SEASONS AND TIMES
The Planetarium is open year round. Private shows can be scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm, seven days a week. A special holiday Christmas show discusses the astronomy seen during the time of the first Christmas. Call to find out the holiday schedule.
GROUP RATE FEES
The fee is $1.00 per person (this includes children). Groups are aksed to pay one of the managers before the show begins. The group sponsor must sign in. Planetarium workers will provide private groups a receipt. If something should go wrong with the machinery a refund will be given. A minimum of $25.00 is charged for group shows. Checks should be made payable to "Louisiana Tech University."
SIX VERY IMPORTANT NOTICES (Don't Forget!)
1. To cancel a show, please call at least 24 hours before your show. "No shows" cost our planetarium time and money.
2. Please keep in mind that no reminder call will be made to those scheduling a private show.
3. Our shows range from 35-minute shows for younger children to one hour shows for older aged children and adults. The shows are properly designed for the viewing age of the audience. When you schedule a private visit, please inform the secretary of the grade/age level of your group.
4. The Louisiana Tech Planetarium is now part of the LA Tech I.D.E.A. Place. One combined check can be written and submitted at the IDEA Place if you wish. This combined check MUST cover the cost of both visits.
5. The Planetarium has no restrooms, although there are several buildings in walking distance that are open, during the week, that do have restrooms.
6. If your group arrives early at the Planetarium, or a manager is not present for some reason, please visit our office at the IDEA Place.
The Planetarium main theatre is handicapped accessible and has spaces for several wheelchairs.
NOTE: The Planetarium has no restrooms. There are several buildings that are open during the week that are in walking distance that do have restrooms .
If you have any questions or comments, click on the mailbox.
We look forward to your scheduling a visit to the Louisiana Tech University Planetarium.
Louisiana Tech University Planetarium
LA Tech University
P. O. Box 3163
Ruston, LA 71272
Director: Glenn Beer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: October 9, 2004
Webmaster: Dianne Porter-Lord (email@example.com)