Critical Registration Dates for Fall Quarter 2016
NOTE 1: ONLY continuing Louisiana Tech University students (those enrolled for Spring Quarter 2016) are eligible to participate in Early Registration (May 2-May 20, 2016) for Summer and Fall. New students admitted as Visiting (UG) or Transient (G) students - see registration note #2 below.
NOTE 2: New Freshmen and Transfer students (Undergraduates) admitted to begin Fall 2016 will register during one of the Orientation sessions scheduled during the Summer. New students should contact Undergraduate Admissions (1-800-LATECH1) or online at URL http://admissions.latech.edu/orientation/index.php as soon as possible after being admitted to sign up for one of the Orientation sessions.
NOTE 3: New Graduate students admitted for Fall 2016 will be eligible to complete Advising/Registration/Tuition & Fee Payment during the General Registration period beginning Monday, August 22, 2016. Graduate students should contact their department/academic program advisor to initiate and complete the advising (Plan of Study development) process (to include updating their Registration Access Code).
NOTE 4: All returning TECH students who have been out of class one or more quarters (excluding Summer) must be readmitted and advised before they will be able to use BOSS Web Registration (advisors must update Registration Access Codes). They will also need new TECH ID cards.
Last Day to Drop/Resign with "W" GradesFALL QUARTER 2016: The last day to drop a course with a "W" grade or resign from the University (drop all courses) with "W" grades for Fall Quarter 2016 is Friday, October 28, 2016 at 4:45 p.m.
Student and Faculty BOSS is scheduled for "LIVE" Operations:
- 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; 12:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; and 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 10:00 p.m. Friday until 7:00 a.m. Monday
For Fall Quarter 2016: BOSS Web Registration (menu option "Drop and Add Classes") will be deactivated at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 12, 2016 (last day of Late Registration, Drop/Add, for Fall Quarter 2016).
- BOSS Web Registration (menu option "Drop and Add Classes") remains "live" for eligible students through the end of the Late Registration ("no-grade" Drop/Add) period each quarter.
- After Drop/Add is deactivated, all Drop "W" actions must take place by submitting a Drop/Add Form, signed by the student's advisor, to the University Registrar's Office for processing.
- Students attempting to drop all of their classes (resign) must do so through the University Registrar's Office. Resignations may not be accomplished online through BOSS.