The official permanent academic records for all Tech students are maintained by the Registrar's Office. This information is protected by federal law and release of any of this information is done in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Transcripts of the academic record may be obtained by the individual personally or will be released to another party based on the student's written authorization.
- Transcripts are produced by the University Registrar's Office.
- There are numerous methods for ordering transcripts; all use one form and are free.
- There is a limit of five transcripts which can be ordered at one time.
- Transcripts can be picked up, or will be mailed, the next working day following the receipt of a signed validated request.
- Transcripts can be ordered in advance of the end of the quarter, marked "hold for final grades" and will be mailed after grades are posted.
- "Degree posted" transcripts for degree candidates are not available for pickup or mailing until after commencement.
We issue two types of transcripts:
Click here: Official Transcript Request Form type the form online, print it out, SIGN IT/DATE IT, and then follow the common submission directions detailed at the bottom of this page (scroll down).
1. Official transcripts will NOT be issued for any student who has an unfulfilled monetary obligation to the University.
2. Official transcripts are usually mailed directly to the receiving institution and will NOT be sent by FAX.
3. For students enrolled at Louisiana Tech University since Fall 1999, we offer electronic transcript delivery. We are partnered with SCRIP-SAFE International to deliver official transcripts using the eSCRIP-SAFE network to member institutions as well as to non-members using the OneTime feature. OneTime transmission requests must have a valid recipient e-mail address. To see a list of instituitons that we can send electronic transcripts to, view the eSCRIP-SAFE Network Member List at http://www.scrip-safe.com.
Click here: Unofficial Transcript Request Form type the form online, print it out, SIGN IT/DATE IT, and then follow the common submission directions detailed at the bottom of this page (scroll down).
1. Unofficial transcripts are usually issued directly to the student for their personal use, regardless of whether they have an unfulfilled monetary obligation to the University.
2. Unofficial transcripts CAN be sent by FAX (U.S. only).
If you are a current Louisiana Tech University student, use your BOSS account (you'll need your CWID and BOSS PIN) and the "Unofficial Transcript" menu option to print out an unofficial copy of your transcript. Use the "Official Transcript Request" menu option to order an official transcript to be mailed or picked up. Remember, you must have completed at least one graded term before there will be a transcript on your records. Or you can use one of the request forms above along with one of the request submission methods below.
Alumni and Previous Students
If you are a recent graduate or a recent attendee, you might want to try using your BOSS account. If you can't remember your CWID and BOSS PIN, or you graduated prior to November 1999, use one of the transcript request forms (above) along with one of the request submission methods below.
Common Transcript Request Submission Methods
Choose the correct form, type the form online, print it out, SIGN IT/DATE IT, then submit the request using one of these methods:
1. If you have the capability, SCAN the completed, SIGNED/DATED Transcript Request Form into a .pdf document, and attach to an e-mail. Send the e-mail with attachment to Registrar@LaTech.edu.
2. You can FAX the completed, SIGNED/DATED Transcript Request Form to: Registrar's Office, Louisiana Tech University, ATTN: Mrs. Walker, (318) 257-4041.
3. You can MAIL the completed, SIGNED/DATED Transcript Request Form to: Registrar's Office, Louisiana Tech University, P.O. Box 3155, Ruston LA 71272.
4. If you can't access/print out the Transcript Request Form, simply write a request on a piece of paper. Include your full name (first, middle, last, maiden), CWID or social security number, date of birth, current mailing address, daytime area code and phone number, e-mail address, and full address of the institution where you want the transcript(s) to be sent to (please include ZIP code).
5. And there's always the old tried and true method...IN PERSON. Complete and sign a Transcript Request Form in the Registrar's Office. We're located in Keeny Hall, Room 207. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Summer office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. Transcripts ordered in person will be ready for pickup/mailing after 10:00 a.m. on the following school day. Be prepared to show your student ID or a picture ID when requesting and picking up transcripts in the office. Transcripts will not be released to a third party (FERPA exceptions apply) unless the student has provided written release authorization with the transcript request. The designated person will be expected to show a picture ID before obtaining the transcript.