In order to apply your GI Bill at Louisiana Tech University, you must complete the following steps:
- Apply to LA Tech University
- Complete an application for admission.
- If you have previously attended LA Tech, complete an application for re-admission.
- Pay the application fee ($20 for Undergrad, $40 for Grad)
- Request official transcripts from prior high schools, colleges, and universities to be sent to LA Tech Admissions.
- Be advised by an advisor within your major.
- You may contact the department of your major if you do not have an advisor.
- Advising dates can be found for each quarter in the Academic Calendar.
- Let your advisor know you are a VA student and all courses must count toward your major/program of study in order for VA to pay.
- During advising you will receive a signed advising form with courses listed that you plan to register.
- Register for courses.
- At the determined time, register for classes using the Bulldog Online Student System (BOSS).
- VA will only pay for courses required to obtain a degree in your specific major.
- VA will not pay for courses that are not required to be repeated. If you are repeating courses, let your VA Liaison Counselor know about it.
- After fully registering:
- If you do not submit a VA Enrollment Certification form, the VA Office will not certify your enrollment with the VA and you will not receive your monthly educational benefit payment. You will only receive your monthly education benefit payments if your application has been approved by the VA Regional Office and the LA Tech Office has certified your enrollment with the VA. The VA Enrollment Certification is required each quarter the student wants to use their GI Bill.
If you are a 9/11 GI Bill recipient, the VA will pay your tuition approximately 4-6 weeks after the start of the term. LA Tech will not require you to pay tuition up front, but please note that LA Tech will apply all of part of your financial aid award to your outstanding tuition balance on the first day of the term. Once your tuition payment is made by the VA, any excess funds on your student account will be refunded to you.
For advance payment, contact the LA Tech Office of Veterans Affairs. This has to be requested 30 days prior to enrollment at LA Tech.
For more information, contact Sheila Sanchez - Coordinator of Veteran Affairs by phone at 318-257-2176 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.