The LA Tech Office of Veterans Affairs is committed to assisting you in achieving your educational goals while at LA Tech.
Please feel free to contact us at 318-257-2176 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with all VA inquiries.
Determine which VA benefit (chapter) you are eligible to use.
First Time (new) Applicants are those who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Applying for VA Educational Benefits for the first time.
Transferring from another GI Bill Program to the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
Transferring Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to your dependents.
First Time Applicant Methods:
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill):
- Online via VONAPP (preferred method) or;
- Complete a hard copy VA Form 22-1990 or VA Form 22-1990e(if transferring Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to your dependents) and fax or mail to the VA Regional Office in Muskogee, OK.
- If you need help with completing your application, you may come to our office for assistance.
- Note: If you are transferring benefits to your dependents under the Post 9/11 GI Bill, you must first obtain Department of Defense (DOD) Approval before you submit the VA Form 22-1990e to the VA. To obtain DOD approval, go to Transfer of Entitlement (TEB).
- Chapter 30, 32, 1606, or 1607:
- Please allow 4-6 weeks once the application is submitted. Once your eligibility is determined, the VA will send you a "Certificate of Eligibility" showing your approval for the GI Bill has been granted. Please bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the LA Tech Office of Veteran Affairs.
- Returning LA Tech students who have not used their GI Bill since last attending LA Tech, will only need to fill out the VA Enrollment Certification upon registering for classes.
- Returning LA Tech students who have attended another school since last attending LA Tech, will be required to complete the VA Form 22-1995 (22-5495 for Chapter 35) and submit it to the LA Tech VA Office via mail, fax, or hand deliver.