Location: South Hall
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3023 Ruston, LA 71272
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Health Center is tech student's advocate for health promotion, disease prevention and early intervention of illness. Services are provided at no minimum cost.
The mission of the Student Health Center is to enhance learning and student success by promoting and restoring health and well-being.
Staff: Registered Nurses, Consulting Physician
Monday - Friday 7:30-4:30PM (last patient at 3:45PM)
For Emergency Assistance Call: University Police at 257-4018
Ambulance: 255-2121 OR go to Northern Louisiana Medical Center Emergency Department
General Info: Walk-In Clinic. Student ID cards are required for service. No excuses will be provided for missed classes.
- Medical evaluation with RN. Serious illnesses or injuries will be referred to physician or medical facility in the area.
- Assessment of eyes, ears, nose, throat, and skin.
- Respiratory check for allergies, flu, bronchitis, sinus, asthma, colds, etc.
- Contagious disease evaluation for chicken pox, mumps, measles, etc.
- Care and referral for orthopedic sprains, strains, fractures (crutches and heating pads are for loan)
- Urinalysis when indicated.
- Allergy injections (Student supplies vaccine and syringes with permission and instructions from personal physician
- STD information
- Annual weight and blood pressure checks
- Sutures/staples removed
- General first aid
- Student Accident Insurance forms and information
- Immunizations updates
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) - $60
- TDAP (tetanus/diphtheria) - $40
- Flu shots- Price Varies (when available)
- Hepatitis B Vaccine- $65 per injection (series of three injections)
- Pregnancy test- $10 (counseling and referral)
- Meningitis vaccine- $120
- Tuberculin skin testing (PPD)- $10
- Strep test- $10