Move In Information
Fall 2017 Move-In Schedule
Friday, September 1st 9am-3pm (Dog Haul)
Saturday, September 2nd 9am-11am
Sunday, September 3rd 1-4pm
Any students checking in after these dates and times must notify our office. Food Service facilities will open for dinner at 4pm on Tuesday, September 5th.
Students assigned to a residence hall will check in at the front desk of their assigned hall, except for Dudley Hall residents, who will check in at Davison Hall room 109. Students assigned to University Park (Caruthers, Sutton, Neilson, Kidd, or Thatcher commons) and Park Place (Hutcheson, McFarland, or Jenkins commons) will check in at the Lambright Sports Center. Legacy Park (Harper and Pearce apartments) will check in at Nethken Hall. These locations are ONLY for the Dog Haul date. All other dates will have the following check in locations: University Park, Park Place, and Legacy Park residents will check in at Wyly Tower in the BARC office while all residence hall residents will check in at the front desk of their assigned hall. During the check-in you will complete all necessary paperwork and be issued keys for your room. Your student ID card will give you entry access to your assigned residence hall and will begin working the day of move in. Once you are checked in and have been issued a room key, you may begin moving into the room.
You’ve probably noticed all the construction on campus. As a result, there has been a disruption to some of the parking near some of our residence halls. Usually, during the main move-in times (Friday and Saturday), the parking lots nearest the residence halls are quickly filled leaving little room for students to unload belongings. In most cases, we see students and family members having to walk long distances carrying belongings. We are going to try something a little different during this move-in process.
This will affect those students residing in Graham, Aswell, Adams, Dudley and Harper residence halls.
Envision the passenger drop-off for an airport. We will secure some of the parking lot that is closest to the building for an unloading area:
- If alone, unload, quickly haul belongings into your room, then return immediately and move your car to another parking area, or get a friend to move your car
- If you have others with you, unload, and if possible, have the car moved by whomever has accompanied you (preferably someone old enough to drive).
The area will be roped off, there will be signs and there will hopefully (at least during Dog Haul Friday) be many SGA or Res Life people in the parking lot(s) to assist you.
What to bring
Wondering what to bring to your new home? Here's a quick list to help you get started! Also, it may help to talk to your roommate before you move in. This way you and your roommate can decide who is bringing what.
For your bedroom:
- Twin Size Sheets/ Comforter (Not Twin XL)
- Pillows & Pillowcases
- Mattress Pad/Topper
- Alarm Clock
- Home Decor Items
- Notebooks/Binders with Paper
- Index Cards
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters
- Stapler and Staples
- Paper Clips
- Sticky Notes
- Study Lamp
- Printer Paper
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Wash Cloths and Towels
- Shower caddy/Shower Shoes
- Laundry Basket
- Washing Detergent
- Cleaning Items
- Broom and Dust Pan
- Refrigerator (up to 4.3 cubic feet or smaller)
- Microwave (700 watt and under)
- Plates, Bowls, Utensils
- Can Opener
- Water and Drinks
- Food Containers and Ziploc Bags
- TV and Coaxial Cable
- DVD Player/Gaming System
- Ethernet Cable/ Wireless Router
- Extension Cords
- Flashlight and Batteries
THINGS NOT TO BRING:
- Coffee Pots (Keurig is allowed)
- Pets (except fish)
- Weapons/Guns/Fire Arms
- Illegal Drugs/ Tobacco Products
- Alcohol or Alcohol Paraphernalia
- Ironing Boards (provided in halls)
- Open Heating Elements (space heaters, hot plates, George Foreman grills)
To set your Tech password, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://password.latech.edu
- Click "Forgot Password". (Skip step 3 if you know your username)
- If you do not know your Username, select the appropriate link at the bottom of the
- In the Directory (http://latech.edu/directory) In the Directory Lookup, enter your name and click "search". You may only want to use your first or last name.
- Find your name and select the "send me an email" link, fill out the captcha and click "reveal". Your email address will appear as YourUsername@latech.edu
- On the Forgot Password page, enter only your Username without "@latech.edu" and click "submit".
- Enter your Campus Wide ID (CWID), B.O.S.S. Pin and Date of Birth where indicated and click "submit".
- Type in your desired password and click "submit". Now that you have your Username and password, you can check your email by visiting: http://webmail.latech.edu (Username and password is the same for Webmail, Moodle and the campus Wi-Fi (WPA2-secure network)