• Apply Now!
Room Change Policy
All room changes must be initiated in the Housing Office:

Each student who will be moving must be present to request permission to change. If all students moving cannot be present, one student must have written authorization for the change from the absent student(s) including the signatures, student numbers, and a copy of the students' IDs for all involved in the move.

You must first go to the Housing Office to secure written permission before any change or transfer of belongings takes place. Moving without permission is a $50 fine. (Also, failure to complete a room change within the twenty-four hours can result in a $50 fine).


Use the following procedure in making a room change:

Room Change Authorization
1. Get a room change slip from Room Assignments at the Housing Office.
2. Take room change authorization to the building you are moving in to. The RA will give you a key and fob along with a Room Condition Card for the new move.
3. Go to the old room and remove all belongings. Sweep, mop, and clean your area of the old room. Remove your room condition card receipt from the lavatory mirror. Locate an RA and tell them you are making a room change. The RA will sign the authorization after checking you out. The RA will keep your authorization for changing.
4. Fill out a room condition card for the new room and return it to an RA. Keep your receipt on the mirror of the lavatory.
5. Room changes are not complete until keys to the old room have been returned. Fines will be assessed for any changes not completed within twenty-four hours.


End-of-the-quarter Room Change
End-of-the-quarter room changes occur at the end of each quarter so current students may have a longer period to move into a new room for the upcoming quarter. For an EOQ room change, you must check out from your old room before halls close for the quarter. Failure to make an end-of-the-quarter room change in the proper manner or within the allotted time can result in a $50 fine. Only spaces that are currently available will be up for choosing. Spaces are not available until check out documentation is received in the Department of Residential Life.