Would You like to be a member of Regal Blues or a Louisiana Tech Cheerleader?
Would you like to have CHAMP, the Regal Blues, or the Cheerleaders at one of your events?
Complete a Request form below and email it to Emily Spoon at email@example.com.
Appearances for non-Tech related events require a small fee and help raise funds necessary to keep uniform and mascot costs to a minimum for our program.
Please email the cheer coach at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the cheer or mascot programs. Include your name, age, current school status, and contact information.
Stunt Clinics will be held throughout the year in the Red Gym at the Lambright Intramural Center. Clinics are for grades 6 and higher. Basic co-ed stunting skills will be taught.
Stunt Clinic Dates
Cost: $35 Cash/Check Payable to LaTech Foundation
Please fill out the stunt clinic form below for each clinic and bring it with you
to attend. If possible please email email@example.com to let us know you will be attending and include your name, age, current school status,
and contact information.
If you are in 12th grade or above and are interested in trying out for college cheerleading please email a current picture, your name, age, current school status, and contact information.
Tryout dates have been set for May 1-3, 2015.
Being a Louisiana Tech Cheerleader is a time commitment, but is extremely rewarding.
Regal Blues Dance Clinic (grades 7-12): February 28, 2015
Regal Blues Showcase: March 28, 2015
Regal Blues general info meeting for tryouts: March 29, 2015 at Lambright Intramural Center 2-3pm
Regal Blues audition workshop: April 12, 2015 2-4pm at Lambright Intramural Center
Regal Blues 2014-2015 team tryouts: April 24 and 25, 2015
For more information on the Regal Blues, contact the dance coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have what it takes to fill the shoes? Champ tryouts are a fun-filled experience and a great way to show off your school spirit. Champ, Louisiana Tech University mascot, is one of the most recognized and beloved members of the Tech family. The chosen candidate will be trained to be one of the nation’s top college mascots and icons for Louisiana Tech Alumni, Friends, Family, Faculty, Athletes, and Students.
Tryouts: May 2, 2015
Where: Lambright Intramural Sports Center
How long: Depends on the number of applicants
What to bring: Workout/running clothes to wear while in-suit, towel, change of clothes, water, and a positive attitude
- Must be a full time student and have Bulldog Pride 24/7
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA
- Must be between 5’ 6” and 6’ 0” (due to suit restrictions)
- Must be in good physical condition, with good health
- Must be good with kids and able to perform at a moment's notice
What will I do at the tryout?
Applicant should arrive on time, with a completed application.
Applicants will complete a one-on-one interview with Judges. (The current Squad will not be present in order to maintain privacy.)
Immediately following the interview, applicants may be asked to perform a 30-second improvisational skit with items commonly found in the TAC or Joe Aillet Stadium. The skit helps gauge the applicants’ on-the-fly creativity.
Skits will be judged on creativity, energy and physical exaggeration. Try to make the Judges laugh! This must be family friendly because crowds range in age from one month to 117 years.
Finalists will be invited to move on to Round 2.
You bet your bottom dollar there is! Finalists will be invited to get in-suit and interact with cheer try-out participants. This will help decide who has the best potential to be an energetic, creative and fun mascot!
Spirit Group Responsibilities
- Attend and entertain at al home football, men's and women's basketball games and other requested sporting events such as away games, post-season and tournament play for football and basketball.
- Responsible for putting together improvisational props and skits for games and performing routines at various venues.
- Numerous community service events, paid appearances, miscellaneous events for Louisiana Tech and its organizations.
- Summer mascot camp in July with many mascots.
- The teams have the opportunity to travel to nationals at Disney World in Orlando to compete for the championship.
For more information on the cheerleaders or Champ, contact the cheer coach at email@example.com.