- Admission Requirements for the Department of History
- Graduate School Admission Procedures
- Degree Programs
- Plan of Study and Graduate Committee
- Grading System
- Regulations for Enrollment, Registration, and Graduation
- Financial Assistance
- Academic Misconduct and the Honor Code
Plan of Study and Graduate Committee
Each student is required to submit a plan of study by the end of the first quarter in which he/she is enrolled. The plan of study is worked out by the graduate director and the student and is approved by the members of the student's graduate committee. The committee will consist of faculty members under whom the student will take most of his/her course work. If there is a change in a student's plan of study, this change may be reflected in the final composition of the student's committee.
The committee listed on the Plan of Study will be the committee for purposes of written and oral examinations. The composition of the thesis committee may be different, and will be reflected on the thesis proposal. Ordinarily, the chair of the examination committee and the thesis committee will be the same person.