LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY SENATE
Volume 22 February 18, 2013 Number 6
1. Call to Order:
The February 18, 2013 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:02 p.m. in the Ropp Center, Room 105, by President Larry Jarrell.
2. Roll Call: Sandi Richardson
Senators absent from the meeting and without excuse or proxy: Donny Crowe, Dentcho Genov, Rich Kordal, Kate Perot, Kim Theodos, and Sarah Vance.
3. Adoption of Agenda:
A motion to accept the agenda was made by Tammy Schilling and seconded by Marilyn Robinson; the agenda was approved without change.
4. Adoption of Minutes: January 2013
A motion to accept the January 2013 minutes was made by Jeff Yule and seconded by Marilyn Robinson; the minutes were approved without change.
5. Special Guest Speakers: Dr. Jim King
Dr. Jim King informed the senate membership about the many changes that are taking place around the Louisiana Tech campus.
6. Old Business:
- Traffic and Parking Committee: Larry Jarrell reported that Chief Randal Hermes will address the traffic and parking issues at the March 2013 meeting.
- Benefits Committee asked to report on their findings during the March 2013 meeting.
7. New Business:
- January budget report discussed: LaToya Pierce
- Reports from Committees:
- Technology committee: Michael Swanbom, liaison
- Benefits committee: J Bennett, liaison, Patrick O'Neal, Chairman
- The Tuition Exchange program survey to be disseminated across campus in February with results discussed in the March 2013 meeting.
- It was agreed the remaining issues will be presented to president-elect Les Guice after he takes office in July 2013. The three issues are: (1) tenure clock extensions, (2) transitional support, and (3) modified duties.
- Policies and Procedures committee: Marilyn Robinson, liaison
- Campus Quality of Life committee: Julie Holmes, liaison
- Three of the four desired speakers for the spring forum have made the commitment to participate.
- Possible resolution re: clickers for incoming freshmen/technology fee
- Technology committee was tasked with finding one "standard" clicker vendor for student purchases
- "Turning Technologies" is the vendor used by nursing
- Dr. Swanbom will contack Norm Pumphrey to discuss the matter, and will report at the March 2013 meeting.
- F. J. Taylor nominees (voting in April 2013)
- Tammy Schilling
- Stan McCaa
- Brad Cicciarelli
- Dawn Ericksen
- Frank Hamrick
- Joe Pullis
9. Voluntary Remarks:
10. Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Jeff Yule and seconded by J Bennett; the meeting adjourned at 5:04 p.m.
Sandi Richardson, Recording Secretary