LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY SENATE
Volume 22 November 12, 2012 Number 3
1. Call to Order:
The November 12, 2012 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:00 p.m. in the Ropp Center, Room 105, by President Larry Jarrell.
2. Roll Call: Sandi Richardson
Senators absent from the meeting and without excuse or proxy: Dentcho Genov, Mihaela Paun, Donny Crowe, Richard Kordal, and Kate Perot.
3. Adoption of Agenda:
A motion to accept the agenda was made by Selwyn Ellis and seconded by Latoya Pierce; the agenda was approved without change.
4. Adoption of Minutes: October 2012
A motion to accept the October 2012 minutes was made by Marilyn Robinson and seconded by Latoya Pierce; the minutes were approved without change.
5. Special Guest Speaker: Dr. Wayne Hogue (Shreveport-Bossier Initiative)
6. Old Business:
- Bicycle Racks (Rhonda Boyd). Rhonda has not been successful in being able to speak with Vice President Joe Thomas about this matter. She pledges to continue to try.
7. New Business:
- October budget report
- Reports from Committees:
- Technology committee: Michael Swanbom, liaison
- The committee needs clarification on some of the items they have been tasked with, as some items seem to be issues of preference that can be addressed at the college level.
- Mr. Vento has agreed to get the 9th day class roster into a digital format so it can be handled on-line.
- Members asked that chairman Swanbom request that Mr. Vento expand BOSS access from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Danny Schales is still exploring ways to improve the Internet issues. Upgrades to expand connection issues and replace wireless access points are necessary.
- Jean Gourd will now serve as chairman of the Technology committee
- Benefits committee: J Bennett, liaison
- Policies and Procedures committee: Marilyn Robinson, liaisonCampus Quality of Life committee: Julie Holmes, liaison
- Spring Forum
- Overall proposed theme: What's Happening with Education in the Ruston Community"
- Date: April 18, 2013 from ~ 5:00 - 8:00 pm
- Speakers: Dan Reneau, Jim King, Danny Bell, and Les Guice
- Refreshments for December: members elected to forgo refreshments.
9. Voluntary Remarks:
10. Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Jean Gourd and seconded by Heather McCollum. The meeting adjourned at 5:05 p.m.
Sandi Richardson, Recording Secretary