LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY SENATE
Volume 22 September 24, 2012 Number 1
1. Call to Order:
The September 24, 2012 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:01 p.m. in the Ropp Center, Room 105, by Vice President Heath Tims.
2. Roll Call: Sandi Richardson
Senators absent from the meeting and without excuse or proxy: Kate Perot and Nazir Atassi.
3. Adoption of Agenda:
A motion to accept the agenda was made by Jeff Yule and seconded by Julie Holmes; the agenda was approved without change.
4. Adoption of Minutes: May 2012
A motion to accept the May 2012 minutes was made by Selwyn Ellis and seconded by Saul Zalesh; the minutes were approved without change.
- Dr. Gary Richard, Vice President of the University of Louisiana System
6. Adoption of Proposed University Senate Budget: Latoya Pierce
The budget figures for May-August are linked here.
7. New Business/Announcements:
- Introduction of new Senate members and recognition of Executive Committee members
- University Senate atmosphere
- It is hoped that the University Senate increase their action to have a greater impact toward real change for the University
- Purpose and Attendance
- Robert's Rules of Order by Kim Barlow, Parliamentarian
- Report on Faculty Advisory Council Meeting tabled until October 2012
- Report on Administrative and Planning Council Meeting tabled until October 2012
- Faculty Advisory Council representative is Larry Jarrell and alternate is Heath Tims
- Presidential search committee representative is Heath Tims (Mr. Wayne Parker, Chair).
- Popular opinion supported having guest speaker every other month or when pressing changes warrant.
- Brainstorm Session for topics & issues to address in the 2012-2013 year
- Standing and Temporary Committee assignments given
9. Voluntary Remarks:
10. Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Saul Zalesch and seconded by Jean Gourd. The meeting adjourned at 5:02 p.m.
Sandi Richardson, Recording Secretary