LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY SENATE
Volume 23 December 16, 2013 Number 4
1. Call to Order:
The December 16, 2013 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:05 p.m. in the Ropp Center, Room 105, by President Heath Tims.
2. Roll Call: Sandi Richardson
Senators absent from the meeting and without excuse or proxy: Nazir Atassi, Rhonda Boyd, Jesse Davis, Nicole Duet, Selwyn Ellis, and Mihaela Paun.
3. Adoption of Agenda:
A motion to accept the agenda was made by Jean Gourd and seconded by Richard Kordal; the agenda was approved without change.
4. Adoption of Minutes: November 2013
A motion to accept the November 2013 minutes was made by Jeff Pike and seconded by Marilyn Robinson; the minutes were approved without change.
5. New Business/Announcements:
- A Message from Vice-President, Jim King
- Dr. King gave an informative talk about the campus recruiting effort.
- There is a focus on growth -- want to reach 15,000 enrollment by 2020; this is considered to be the "break-even"point
- Consolidation and efficiency - how to better utilize assets
- Moving to boost summer growth because asset utilization is lowest during the summer
- Increase transfer students: number has not increased in six or seven years
- Marketing platform: (1) brand awareness and merchandise, (2) high schools, (3) Alumni recruiting, and (4) sports and television
6. Old Business
- Standing and temporary committees briefly discussed
7. Voluntary Remarks:
8. Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Jim Cochran and seconded by Jean Gourd. The meeting adjourned at 4:55 p.m.
Sandi Richardson, Recording Secretary