LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY SENATE
Volume 23 November 11, 2013 Number 3
1. Call to Order:
The November 11, 2013 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:02 p.m. in the Ropp Center, Room 105, by President Heath Tims.
2. Roll Call: Sandi Richardson
Senators absent from the meeting and without excuse or proxy: Nazir Atassi, Pasquale DePaeola, and Mihaela Paun.
3. Adoption of Agenda:
A motion to accept the agenda was made by Jean Gourd and seconded by Rhonda Boyd; the agenda was approved without change.
4. Adoption of Minutes: October 2013
A motion to accept the October 2013 minutes was made by Jeff Pike and seconded by Selwyn Ellis; the minutes were approved without change.
5. New Business/Announcements:
- Mr. Larry Jarrell: United Way Campaign
- A Message from the President: Dr. Leslie Guice, President of Louisiana Tech University
Dr. Guice held a question and answer session, and discussed issues such as student and faculty recruiting, Tech Pointe, pay raises, budget strategies, and Shreveport.
6. Old Business
- Standing and temporary committees briefly discussed
7. Voluntary Remarks:
8. Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Julie Holmes and seconded by Marilyn Robinson. The meeting adjourned at 5:01 p.m.
Sandi Richardson, Recording Secretary