LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY SENATE
Volume 23 October 14, 2013 Number 2
1. Call to Order:
The October14, 2013 meeting of the University Senate was called to order at 4:00 p.m. in the Ropp Center, Room 105, by President Heath Tims.
2. Roll Call: Sandi Richardson
Senators absent from the meeting and without excuse or proxy: Nazir Atassi, Courtney Hilton, Richard Kordal, Son Le, Patrick O'Neal, Mihaela Paun, Colin Wick.
3. Adoption of Agenda:
A motion to accept the agenda was made by David Merchant and seconded by Marilyn Robinson; the agenda was approved without change.
4. Adoption of Minutes: September 2013
A motion to accept the September 2013 minutes was made by Marilyn Robinson and seconded by Rhonda Boyd; the minutes were approved without change.
5. New Business/Announcements:
- Social Media Policy: Dr. David Guerin, University Marketing and Communications
Dr. Guerin explained the proposed Social Media Policy and invited questions or feedback from the senators. Much discussion ensued regarding the potential restrictions imposed upon all Louisiana Tech employees if this document does eventually become policy. The document has not yet been released for public viewing.
- Administrative and Planning Council September 18 and October 9: Heath Tims
- Faculty are reminded to take the ADA Moodle course by November 1
- Homecoming week is the week of October 14; senators are encouraged to participate.
- Association of Louisiana Faculty Senates (ALFS) - September 28, 2013: Michael Swanbom
The three system presidents came to the meeting (ULS System, Southern System, and Community College System). Colleges are to focus on the directive to serve as a work-force development agency.
6. Treasurer's Report was given by Kim Theodos
7. Old Business
- Standing committees briefly discussed
Senators are reminded to send committee request to either Heath Tims or Sandi Richardson
- Tuition Exchange Program: Heath Tims with an update
- Program is in the process of becoming operational.
9. Voluntary Remarks:
10. Adjournment: A motion to adjourn was made by Selwyn Ellis and seconded by Julie Holmes. The meeting adjourned at 4:59 p.m.
Sandi Richardson, Recording Secretary