In 1908, Mr. Frank Bogard became a member of the teaching staff of the School of Engineering and later became head of the Engineering Department. Frank Bogard resigned his position to enter private practice in 1917 and returned to his former position in 1923 and later became Dean.
The vision and organizational ability of Frank Bogard is given credit for growth of the Department of Engineering into the School of Engineering. Frank Bogard developed a cumulative record of information concerning past graduates that was a forerunner of modern Alumni Relations.
Frank Bogard remained Dean until his death in August of 1937.