Policy 5106 – Grants and Contracts Ledger
Effective Date: 6/20/2014
Responsible Office: Comptroller’s Office
GRANT LEDGER EXPLANATIONS
- Grant Name
College Name and Box Number
Box 4700 (University Research)
- Fund Number represents type of funding agency -See Definition-Louisiana Tech Account Number , Section (4), Grouping 40_ _ _ (_) – 66_ _ _ (_)
- Income Budget is set up in the 31 account under Current Budget and with appropriate budget object code from income codes (2106 is Federal contract-research). Income budget may be adjusted for changes in the amount of funding.
- Indirect cost budget (F&A or Facility and Administrative Costs) is also set up in the 31 account (6900) since it is not spendable by the project director. Indirect cost is computed and posted monthly.
- Fiscal year income and indirect cost drawn are shown under YTD Actual.
- GTD Actual is income and indirect cost over the life of the grant.
- Income Balance is income not yet invoiced, drawn or received and undrawn indirect cost.
- Detailed transactions for the current fiscal year are shown on the ledger each month.
- Expense budget is set up under Current Budget. BA’s, or budget adjustments, adjust this column as well as indirect cost on the income page.
- Fiscal year-to-date expenditures are shown under YTD Actual and detailed transactions are shown each month for the entire fiscal year.
- Grant-to-date expenditures are accumulated over the life of the grant.
- Expense balance is the amount available for the project director to spend.
Grants and Contracts Ledgers Sample (pdf format)