CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY
The Ropp Center is named for Dr. R.L. Ropp, the tenth president of Louisiana Tech University, who served from 1949 to 1962. Built by the State of Louisiana in 1911, the residence housed seven university presidents until a new president’s home was built on the north campus in 1972.
Beginning that year, the original president’s home was utilized by the former College of Home Economics until 1985, when the Office of Special Programs moved to the facility. The historic residence became home to the Tech Rome program, campus graphics and photography.
In 2002, the Louisiana Tech University Foundation commissioned the redesign of the building as a faculty and staff club with guest rooms on the second floor. The project was completed in October 2003.
- Main Floor Front Half: $200- seminar dining room (30 seated), small dining room (10 seated) (reception 125)
- Main Floor Parlor and Back Dining Area: $250- Back dining area (50 seated) (reception 125)
- Entire Main Floor: $350- All Dining Areas (90 seated) and (reception 150)
- Courtyard: $150 (must be reserved with one of the other areas)
- Photo Session: $75 (1.5 hour time limit)
- Refundable Deposit: $250
- Cleaning Fee (If alcohol is served or a large event): Will be leased out of the refundable deposit
- Security Fee:
- Certificate of Liability Insurance: Required
- Tables and Chairs
- Audio/visual system: a projection screen upon request and a 74” mounted television in the back dining area.
- Setup/Teardown: staff will set the room according to your layout and tear down once the event is over.
- Housekeeping: staff will ensure the facility is clean before the start of your event and clean up after the function is over.
- Event Coordinator: assist with agenda, timelines, catering, floor plans, audio visual, and present during your event.
- Wireless Internet
Reserve the Ropp Center
Allison Brister Burkhardt
Special Events & Facilities Coordinator
P.O. Box 3168
Ruston, LA 71272
- Sample liability insurance
- Sample contract
Aramark is the exclusive food and beverage service provider for Louisiana Tech University. They offer a wide range of menus as well as both cash and open bars. The service of alcoholic beverages is governed by the Louisiana Alcohol and Tobacco Control Commission. Alcoholic beverages can only be provided and served by Aramark and are not allowed at events being hosted by student organizations. Alcoholic beverages may not be removed from designated locations. Only beer and wine is to be served at this facility. It is the responsibility of the client to place catering orders for their event.
Director of Catering Lisa Eppinette
Executive Chef Karen Bennett
Menu and Pricing
Customized menu can be developed by catering staff and executive chef.
Arrangements for all linens need to be made through Aramark.
- Skirting- White, black, red, and blue
- Tablecloths- White and black
213 Wisteria Street
Ruston, Louisiana 71272
From Interstate 20:
- Take the Louisiana Tech exit (#84).
- Go south on Tech Drive, past three traffic lights.
- Turn left on Hergot Avenue, just past 3rd light.
- Turn left at the STOP sign onto Wisteria Street.
- Go past entrance to Centennial Plaza and the Ropp. Center will be on your right (white house).
From Highway 167 (Alexandria):
- As you enter Ruston you will approach traffic light at the intersection of Hwy 167 and California Avenue (Hwy 80). There will be a Rite Aid on one corner and a Walgreen’s on the other. Turn left at that traffic light onto California.
- Proceed to 4th traffic light (Bond Street).
- Turn right on Bond Street, the road will make a sharp left turn after one block and turn into Hergot Avenue.
- Turn right at the STOP sign onto Wisteria Street.
- Go past entrance to Centennial Plaza and the Ropp Center will be on your right (white house).
Parking is available in front of the building. For our guests with disabilities, there is designated handicapped ramp and parking behind the Ropp Center.