Career Center staff offers sessions on resume writing, interviewing, LinkedIn, and other subjects related to the internship & job search. Log in to your Handshake account to view the calendar of LIVE seminars sponsored by the Career Center and our employer partners.
Writing an Effective Resume
Learn tips and tricks for writing an effective resume that will grab a potential employer’s attention. After watching both presentations, participants will have the tools create strong documents to use during their internship or job search.
- Resume Presentation: https://mediasite.latech.edu/Mediasite/Play/5290ecd179d74cd5a355488b3e1700db1d
- Cover Letter Presentation: https://mediasite.latech.edu/Mediasite/Play/3247fee94339464a89a2f8adf72020f01d
The Successful Interview
During this hour-long session, participants will learn about how to best prepare themselves for internship and job interviews. If you plan to participate in on-campus interviews, plan on attending so that you feel confident and at your best!
- Interview Presentation: https://mediasite.latech.edu/Mediasite/Play/762f9186ba734066a1d897cd134fb5081d
- Big Interview Training Videos:
- Overview: https://youtu.be/nllgZfmI6RM
- Intro to the Curriculum: https://youtu.be/itulQ70o1Wc
- Recording a Mock Interview: https://youtu.be/e3JAwQNWNMQ
LinkedIn is a great resource for those looking to gain an edge while they network and search for internships or entry-level jobs. You’ll walk away with a practical understanding of the etiquette expected within the space of LinkedIn, how to use it to build your online presence, and how you can use the tool to build your professional network and uncover new leads.
- LinkedIn Presentation: https://mediasite.latech.edu/Mediasite/Play/ff9a1accbc9146139dd027e3b35120de1d