ARP Grant – Application Information 2021-22
Louisiana Tech University has established the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 Supplemental Appropriations Act (ARP Grant) to provide financial assistance for expenses for any component of the student’s cost of attendance (COA) or for emergency costs that are related to coronavirus, such as but not limited to tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), or child care. The funds that are awarded will be posted on the student’s account and refunded in the form of a direct payment to the student. It is recommended that students set up direct deposit to their checking account so that funds will be readily accessible for needed expenses.
Instructions for direct deposit authorization for refunds:
Students who have already signed up for electronic deposit are not required to update their authorization unless their banking information has changed. As always, it is important to review your direct deposit authorization on BOSS if you have recently changed your personal banking information.
- Logon to BOSS (boss.latech.edu) using your BOSS PIN
- Select “Electronic Deposit of Refunds” option on the Personal Info menu
- Follow the instructions to complete the Electronic Deposit Authorization form
- You must provide the bank routing number and account number that are located on your check or deposit slip.
- If you have questions or need additional information on direct deposit, please email email@example.com
The ARP Grant Application will be available on latech.academicworks.com. You may contact CaresActGrant@latech.edu for information on the ARP Grant Application or by utilizing the chat feature on the Financial Aid website. Students must submit their ARP Grant Application(s) no later than the close of business by the following deadline(s):
- Fall Quarter application: Opens – Oct. 11 and closes – Oct. 30
- Winter Quarter application: Opens – Dec. 13 and closes – Dec. 31
- Spring Quarter application: Opens – March 21 and closes – April 10
Awarding of funds is made on a case-by-case basis, and decisions are considered final at the time of the application review.
In order to qualify for ARP Grant Application, students must:
- be a degree-seeking undergraduate/graduate student currently enrolled at Louisiana Tech University during the applicable quarter of 2021-22 academic year;
- be a U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen who has completed a 2021-22 FAFSA and has received a federal financial aid offer letter OR be an International student who has completed the International Student Financial Aid Application (College Board);
- during the Fall 2021-22, have a federal financial aid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $15,000 as determined by the 2021-22 FAFSA or the International Student Financial Aid application. Starting Winter 2021-22, have a federal financial aid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $20,000 as determined by the 2021-22 FAFSA or the International Student Financial Aid application.
- have original “need” greater than $0 as defined by subtracting the student Cost of Attendance from the EFC.
- submit an application which indicates the component(s) of the student’s cost of attendance (COA) >OR for emergency costs that are related to coronavirus, such as but not limited to tuition, food, housing, health care, mental health care, or child care while attending Louisiana Tech University.
- Award amounts vary by student. Factors considered in the ARP Grant application award amount include one or more of the following: During the Fall 2021-22, Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $5847 which is considered exceptional “need” as defined by a federal financial aid offer letter, EFC less than $10,000, and EFC less than $15,000. Starting Winter 2021-22, Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of less than $5847 which is considered exceptional “need” as defined by a federal financial aid offer letter, EFC less than $10,000, EFC less than $15,000, and EFC less than $20,000.
- ARP Grant funds will not be considered as estimated financial assistance for federal financial aid purposes.
- The application will be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid for an award amount.
- First priority will be given to students in order of “need” and who have submitted a complete application by the deadline. Balances owed on student accounts will not be deducted from the ARP Grant funds. Any balance on the account is still the responsibility of the student.
Each grant application is applicable to designated quarter until all funds are exhausted.
Students must submit a complete application by the specified deadline. Late applications will not be considered. If funding remains after all applications have been reviewed for each quarter, applications for funding for the next quarter will be advertised.
The student must continue to meet the criteria to remain eligible for the disbursement after awarding.
Notification of approval will be made known prior to the end of the quarter after all applications have been reviewed. Specific amounts and procedures for application will be made available on the financial aid web site. Students who meet eligibility requirements will be notified of availability by email. Other general communication modes will be utilized to make availability known.