COVID-19 ULS Directives
4 March 2020
Effective immediately, the University of Louisiana System:
- Discourages all foreign travel by students, faculty and staff from UL System member institutions while the outbreak of COVID-19 remains a dynamic situation.
- Requires university president approval for any university-sponsored travel to all countries identified as Level 1 or greater risk by the CDC. Such approval should be justified and travel should occur within parameters of the latest guidelines from the CDC and Governor John Bel Edward’s COVID-19 Task Force.
- Encourages all students, faculty and staff to return from all Level 1 or higher risk countries as soon as can be practically arranged. A quarantine period may be determined to be necessary before returning to the university.
- Directs students, faculty and staff to report to the university all personal travel to a country identified by the CDC as Level 1 or greater risk.
- Directs universities to remain mission focused, prioritizing the safety of students, faculty and staff by providing opportunities to continue instruction and learning through distance education should any portion of the student or faculty population require quarantine.
- Advises students, faculty, staff, visitors, and the community at large to follow healthy living guidelines, including: frequently washing hands with soap and water; covering coughs; avoiding touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands; and staying home when ill.
- Requires member institutions to post information including institutional processes for compliance with these guidelines on university websites and post social media updates when warranted.