CRRSAA Grant information – Summer 2021
Louisiana Tech University has established the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Grant to provide financial assistance for expenses for any component of the student’s cost of attendance (COA) or for emergency costs that are related to Coronavirus, such as but not limited to tuition, food, housing, health care, mental health care, or child care. The funds that are awarded will be posted on the student’s account and refunded in the form of a direct payment to the student. It is recommended that students set up direct deposit to their checking account so that funds will be readily accessible for needed expenses.
Instructions for Direct Deposit Authorization for Refunds
If you have already signed up for electronic deposit, you are not required to update your authorization unless your banking information has changed. As always, it is important to review your direct deposit authorization on BOSS if you have recently changed your personal banking information.
- Logon to BOSS (boss.latech.edu) using your BOSS PIN
- Select “Electronic Deposit of Refunds/Student Payroll” option on the Personal Info menu
- Follow the instructions to complete the Electronic Deposit Authorization form
- You must provide the bank routing number and account number that are located on your check or deposit slip.
- If you have questions or need additional information on direct deposit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CRRSAA Grant Application is available on AcademicWorks. You may contact email@example.com for information on the CRSSAA Grant Application. Students must submit their CRRSAA Grant Application no later than the close of business by June 11.
Awarding of funds is made on a case-by-case basis, and decisions are considered final.
Applications that are incomplete or do not meet application deadlines will not be considered for the Summer Quarter.
Criteria for CRRSAA Grant application
Students who meet the qualifications below will be able to see the CRSSAA Grant on Academic Works under recommended opportunities. In order to qualify for CRRSAA Grant Application, students must:
- be a degree-seeking undergraduate/graduate student currently enrolled at Louisiana Tech University during the Summer Quarter 2021;
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- have completed a 2020-21 FAFSA;
- have received a federal financial aid offer letter during 2020-21;
- have a federal financial aid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the 2020-21 FAFSA of less than $10,000
- submit an application which indicates the component(s) of the student’s cost of attendance (COA) OR for emergency costs that are related to coronavirus, such as but not limited to tuition, food, housing, health care, mental health care, or child care while attending Louisiana Tech University.
Other guidelines for application
Award amounts vary by student. Factors considered in the CRSSAA Grant application award amount include one or more of the following: Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0, Pell Grant Eligibility, and exceptional “need” as defined by a federal financial aid offer letter which is considered to have a federal financial aid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the 2020-2021 FAFSA of less than $10,000.
CRRSAA Grant funds will not be considered as estimated financial assistance for federal financial aid purposes.
The application will be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid for an award amount.
First priority will be given to students in order of “need” and who have submitted a complete application by the deadline. Balances owed on student accounts will not be deducted from the CRRSAA Grant funds. Any balance on the account is still the responsibility of the student.
The grant application is applicable to Summer Quarter of the current year or until all funds are exhausted.
Students must submit a complete application by the specified deadline. CRRSAA Summer Grant Application will be available June 4-11. Disbursements of funds for Summer Quarter 12-week, first six-week, and first three-week sessions will not begin until June 21, after all applications have been reviewed. Disbursements for second six-week and second three-week sessions will not begin until July 14 if funding remains available.
The student must continue to meet the criteria to remain eligible for the disbursement after awarding.
Notification of approval will be made known prior to the end of Summer Quarter after all applications have been reviewed. Disbursements for Summer Quarter funds will not begin until June 21 after all applications have been reviewed. Procedures for application will be made available on the financial aid web site. Students who meet eligibility requirements will be notified of availability by email. Other general communication modes will be utilized to make availability known.