- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – March 21
- HEERF Institutional Report – June 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices in response to the coronavirus pandemic
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
- LDH Institutional Reporting
Dear campus community,
Good Sunday morning. As of yesterday, Louisiana has more than 3,300 coronavirus cases, with 137 deaths. These cases are all over the state, impacting at least 56 of our 64 parishes, and we have six cases in Lincoln Parish alone.
I ask you to continue to take the Stay at Home mandate from Gov. John Bel Edwards seriously. Please continue to practice social distancing and to wash your hands as well.
Though the virus was once thought to be something for older people and those in high-risk categories to worry about, we know that younger people are susceptible as well. About 9 percent of the positive test results in our state are for individuals who are 18-29 years of age.
We want all the members of our Tech Family to be healthy and safe – and we want everyone to return to campus when we can all be together. Please stay at home so that we can slow the spread of the virus. Stay at home now so we can get together sooner than later.
Finally, I know you all will join me today as we remember our medical professionals who serve on the front lines of this pandemic. We appreciate their service to our communities and pray for their safety.
On this day of reflection, I suggest that you call a friend or family member and check on them. Each call will make a difference.
Have a great day, Bulldogs, and I look forward to the time when we all can be together on campus again.