- Return to campus plan
- COVID Challenge Response Team
- CARES Act
- CARES Act 30-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report
- CARES Act 45-day report – 2
- CARES Act 45-day report – 3
- CARES Act 45-day report – 4
- CARES Act final report
- CARES Act institutional report – 30 Sept 20
- CARES Act Institutional Report – 31 Dec 20
- CARES Act institutional report – 31 March 21
- CARES Act FAQ
- Application information
- How to apply
- CARES Act online application
- CRRSAA Grant
- Safe health practices policy
- Quarantine and isolation protocol
Good Wednesday morning,
In the past several days, we have introduced changes in both commencement and academic policy for this quarter. Over the next few days, we will provide more guidance on how these academic policies could impact decision making. We will also share more about the feedback that we have received from graduating students about commencement.
This week, our Information Technology and Infrastructure department introduced an innovative change for all students, faculty, and staff that will have the capacity to increase teamwork and improve your ability to work remotely.
Microsoft Office 365 is now available to all students, staff, and faculty. Our CIO Tom Hoover distributed information to campus about login and use, but if you have any questions, please contact the Louisiana Tech Help Desk at 318.257.5300.
Training will be held this week and will cover various remote work and instructional technology. Times for the training are:
- Today – 9 a.m. for faculty and staff, 2 p.m. for students
- Thursday – 9 a.m. for students, 1 p.m. for faculty and staff
- Friday – 9 a.m. for faculty and staff, 2 p.m. for students
Please review Tom’s email for login information, and take advantage of the training offered so that we can all use this updated technology to communicate and work together in these uncertain times.
Our BARC COMMons and COMM101 faculty are available for students and faculty who need to consult with a communication specialist on presentations. Services include meeting online one-on-one or with your group and a communication specialist to:
- Help with speech anxiety
- Brainstorm for presentation ideas
- Organize your ideas
- Refine your delivery
- Create a message to reach your audience
- Tweak visual aids
- Get feedback on a presentation
- Set up your group project
Consultations are available from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Together, our community has worked to speed innovation on campus and provide needed student services in an online environment. Once again, our Tech Family is showing that we offer an exceptional educational experience no matter the challenges.
Spring is revealing itself this week as we have had some beautiful weather. The sunshine does wonders to lift the spirits and help with uncertainty. I hope you can enjoy some time outdoors.
Once again, please remember to wash your hands and practice social distancing so we can slow the spread of the virus. Social distancing is absolutely essential for everyone. While we can’t see the immediate impacts, we know that it is making a big difference.
Have a great day, Bulldogs!